Google Cloud Platform is a cloud provider with a variety of services offered by Google . Google Cloud Platform services can be accessed over the public internet or through a dedicated network connection.
Google Cloud Platform offers services for compute, storage, networking, big data, machine learning and the internet of things (IoT), as well as cloud management, security and developer tools.
The core cloud computing products in Google Cloud Platform include:
- Google Compute Engine, which is an infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS)
- Google App Engine, which is a platform-as-a-service (PaaS).
- Google Cloud Storage for store large, unstructured data sets.
- Google database storage options, including Cloud Datastore for NoSQL nonrelational storage.
- Google Container Engine, which is a management and orchestration system for Docker containers that runs within Google’s public cloud. Google Container Engine is based on the Google Kubernetes container orchestration engine.
- Google Cloud Platform offers application development and integration services. For example, Google Cloud Pub/Sub is a managed and real-time messaging service that allows messages to be exchanged between applications.